Monday, May 26, 2008

News

A few weeks ago I told my manager that I was leaving my job of 11 years to take a year off and travel.  By now I think the word is out and pretty much everybody knows the news.  The reactions I've received have been very positive.  I'm a bit anxious about leaving the familiarity of gainful employment.  But this is something I've been wanting to do for a really long time.  At the end of the year, I will either seek out a new job, enroll in graduate school, or try to get my old job back.  

My last day of work will be August 1 and I will depart on August 17.  The first part of the trip will be to Costa Rica, where I plan to spend about 3 months learning Spanish at an intensive immersion school.  

I plan to keep up this blog to document my travel and any random thoughts.  Feel free to either post a comment or drop me an occasional email at jaygraham72@gmail.com to catch up and let me know what's going on.  

No comments: