Sunday, August 17, 2008

Last Two Weeks in States

I wanted to get in one last post before leaving the country.  I'm at the airport in Houston and its about 2 hours before my flight to San Jose, so I'm just going to get it in.  

The last two weeks in the states have been crazy.  I've gotten most of my affairs wrapped up and am ready for the trip.

Thursday - I took the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).  I purchased a study book about a month ago and opened it on Sunday.  The book started with an outline of a 4 week, 8 week and 12 week study plan (oops!)  I really just wanted to get familiar with the format.  It was a computerized test and I got my scores on Analytical and Verbal right away.  The essays will take a few weeks to be graded.  I think I did pretty well.  I will be applying to graduate schools while I'm away.  

Friday - The movers came and moved my stuff into storage.  I got rid of my really old furniture.  The Salvation Army came by and got a few pieces.  They wouldn't take some pieces because they were too scratched up.  I took those down to the curb and they were all gone by the end of the day.  I sold my car.  Friday night I went to Brian and Amy's wedding.  

Saturday - Finished cleaning up my condo.  I ended up renting my condo rather than selling it.  The renters are coming in on Sunday.  

Thanks to everyone who came to my going away party and thanks to Heather, Mindie and Angela for organizing it.  It was really good to see everyone.  I remember posing for a lot of pics.  Please email me pics whenever you get a chance.  

It really started to hit me that I'm not going away for a two week vacation.  It's like the feeling you get when when relocating, which is what I'm basically doing.  

Sunday - I got up after a good hour of sleep.  Said goodbye to Mom and Dad, and hopped a flight to Houston.  I can't wait to get there.  

1 comment:

GregOverby said...

best hour of sleep yuou ever had..

for me, Sunday was one continuous nap with a couple of meals in between.